Guys...I turned 30 last week. 30!! I can hardly believe it!! I almost wore black to work on my birthday...but I decided to try and embrace it.
My birthday fell on a Friday this year. I had to work. Actually I didn't have to but I had nothing else to do so I figured, why not? I did go to lunch with my hubby so that was fun. I also had my first old person moment...totally left my purse at the restaurant we had lunch at! Just walked out and didn't even realize it until I was half way back to work! Luckily Daren went back and got it for me.
After work we went to SLC. Daren said he wanted to get cheesecake on the way down so I could blow out my candles with that. I wasn't about to argue. We walked into The Cheesecake Factory and there were my family and friends!! A surprise birthday celebration with my favorite people! It was SOO fun! Daren and Shannon pulled it together. They are so swell!! How do you like those glasses??





.jpeg)
.jpeg)




In case you couldn't tell....I was really excited about my cake...and blowing out my candles!



.jpeg)
.jpeg)


The next day we spent the entire day with my family celebrating both mine and my mom's birthday. My mom turned 60 a few weeks ago. We went to breakfast, then my mom and I went on a shopping spree for stuff for our new home. It was super fun! Then we decided to go see a movie, "When the Game Stands Tall." All was fine...until I took a drink of my diet coke....and I PASSED OUT! RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOVIE THEATER!! It was terrible. And I blame my diet coke. I think was throat was still closed and wasn't ready to drink so the carbonation went into my brain and shut it off. I know it sounds loony but that's ALL we can figure! (Turns out a guy my mom works with has had this happen to him like 3 different times. All while drinking diet coke. Crazy huh??) I came too and was SO hot! Like sweating through my clothes in a matter of 30 seconds and I was terribly nauseated and super tired. I thought I could make it through the movie but I just started feeling so crappy so we left. I felt really bad but I seriously wanted to die.
Anywho, we came home and I tried to throw up but didn't. So I took a nap. Apparently I was only asleep for 10 minutes but it felt like an hour. After my nap I felt fine. Still a little weak and nausea but still able to continue the festivities.
We were planning on going up to the canyon for a hot dog and mallow roast. Luckily, I assured everyone I was fine and we went. And I'm so glad we did! It was so fun!! We ate, we laughed A LOT, had great and super random conversations. I sure do LOVE my family!!
It was a
GREAT birthday weekend...despite the whole passing out thing...and now I am terrified to drink diet coke. It's tragic.
We celebrated earlier in the week with Daren's family. We celebrated with Swedish pancakes and Tres Leches cake!
SO YUMMO!!
There you have it!! I turned 30 and I am alive to tell about it....
WOOT!!
1 comments:
Favorite line "I turned 30 and I am alive to tell about it"
Youre the best! Im so glad I got to spend your 30th with you! Words cannot express how grateful I am for your friendship. I sure love you!
Post a Comment