12.30.2013

christmas bells are ringing!!

Merry Christmas my loves!!

Did you guys have a good Christmas? We sure did! It was a little different, not being in our own home. However, we are very grateful that we are here and not where we were. You know? James and Susi and their kids slept over Christmas Eve which was way fun! It was so great to wake up Christmas morning with little kids there. Kids just add a special spirit to Christmas, don't you think?

Anywho! We spent the whole day at home. It was SO nice! We did miss seeing my family on Christmas...but I will get to that. I will carry on with pictures...








 Do you guys remember this family crest we did over the summer? We have been wanting to frame it for quite some time. Susi and I went to get quotes for it...WOWZA!! It was EXPENSIVE!! So we decided to build one oursevles! It turned out quite lovely. Daren's mom LOVED it!

















After we opened presents, we ate breakfast and relaxed until the rest of the family got there. Once they did...it was CRAZY! I loved it! We just sat back and watched the madness.
















I made these cute signs for all the kids...at first they were NOT cute! I was about to give up actually! HA! Ironic given the quote on it! But I took an electric sander to them and beat the CRAP out of them...then they looked cute. See guys, you CAN do hard things...even if you have bad attitude about it! HAHA!



Daren and I took Thursday and Friday off of work. It was AWESOME! We spent Thursday with James and Susi. We went and saw Frozen, which was SUPER cute. I loved it! Susi and I did some day after Christmas shopping. We got some killer deals...which always rocks! We also played the train game, Ticket to Ride, every second we could! We are addicted...also I have A LOT of diet cokes this week...like A LOT!

We decided not to go to SLC on Christmas this year. My dad's side of the family was having a big Christmas party that weekend so we decided to wait and spend the whole weekend down there. We definitely missed seeing them on Christmas but we had SO much fun with them!

Friday night we opened presents and had pizza. I didn't take too many pictures from that night...bummer.



Saturday was the big Hansen family party. My grandma enlisted me to take a big fmaily picture...it was intense! But it worked out and I think it turned out quite well.


Saturday night we went downtown to see the lights and to a Christmas light/laser show at the Clark Planatarium. It was so AWESOME! It seriously brought such joy to my soul to watch it. Some of the times I felt like I was on drugs...but that's okay!











We had a great Christmas week! We are so truly blessed to have the family and friends that we do. The love and support they show to us brings tears to my eyes sometimes.

I will leave you with one last pictures of me and my handsome brothers...who I love so much!

Can't wait to ring in the New Year tomorrow night!

1 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVED this blog! Im so glad you had a Merry Christmas! Its also hilarious my niece is in your family Christmas picture. SO FUNNY!