I guess technically it is STILL Thanksgiving weekend...but it's coming to an end so I figured I can blog about it while I have some time! Yeah?
Our Thanksgiving was wonderful! We spent the day with my family. We went to a movie in the morning, watched some football, and then ate a yummy dinner!! We got back home just in time for me and Susi to head to Kohl's for some shopping. It was so great to be able to spend it with our families. We are so grateful for them and the love and support they show to us.
Daren and I have much to be grateful for this holiday season. Even though life has been a little stressful the last few months we truly are blessed with amazing family and friends. We have a roof over our head, food to eat, and clothes on our back. Most importantly, we have each other. Cheesy, I know. But seriously, I'm not sure how I would have gotten through these past few months without my hubby. He is so amazing and I am eternally grateful for him! There have been times that he has had to lean on me and there were times that I had to lean on him. We have managed to keep it together!
Like I said, Susi and I did some Black Friday shopping! We had already done most of my shopping online...in which I saved a crap load of money!! But somehow we still managed to head up at the stores! We waited in line at Kohl's for FOREVER! We got home about 11:30 and was up again at 6 to head to Sam's Club. We got most everything we wanted at Sam's. It wasn't as crazy there. There was a pretty long line to get in but we were in and out in about 30 minutes. After Sam's, we went home, got ready and headed out to Novemberfest...a fun tradition we have with the Tibbitts girls. After lunch with my hubby...MORE SHOPPING! Holy moly I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the day. That didn't stop us from playing games though!!! It was loud and chaotic but we LOVED every minute of it!!
Today we went up to cut Christmas trees down. The weather was perfect but it was MUDDY! Everyone had a great time and we were successful in our tree hunting!
Daren and I didn't get a tree this year since we are still with his parents. We are just going to "share" their tree. It was weird. It's going to be an...interesting...Christmas. It will be good, just different. I don't really have a home to decorate or a tree. Although...we do a little tree something something up our sleeve. When it is ready, I will share.
Anywho, since we weren't planning on getting a tree I didn't think I would be hiking through the mountains. HA! I was WRONG! Oh boy my poor China Uggs got SO muddy!! I was NOT prepared!! Lesson learned!!
We really have had a great weekend full of family, food, and fun!
In other news...we finally got our judgement from court. The judge ruled in OUR favor!! WOOT!! It is such a relief! Crazy grandpa can still appeal to 1st District court. He would be foolish to do so
but we will see! He has 30 days to appeal...so another 2 weeks or so. I am thinking he isn't since we sent out letters to various family, employers, and friends saying we were terrible people and trying to tarnish our name and reputation. HA! He is so crazy. I mean seriously who does that?! He is like a little kid who didn't get his way and is now throwing a temper tantrum. Luckily, everyone he sent them to knows US and knows what kind of people we are. At first I was super irritated but now I just laugh about it. I mean, he sent a letter to Daren's grandma on the other side of the family. You really think she is going to believe your crap and tell her family and friends?! She was pretty ticked and sent him a fiery letter back. HA! You don't mess with her family! Anywho...here's to hoping it's over with and he will leave us alone! CHEERS!!


.jpg)







0 comments:
Post a Comment