8.30.2011

it was my birthday!

Yes, it's true. My birthday week was last week and it was awesome! It was full of my favorite things and a lot of relaxing...which comes with being unemployed. I made sure I did MORE relaxing that usual...

Daren and I went to Salt Lake the last 2 weekends. Daren helped my dad install hardwood floor in his office. It looks great! They did a most excellent job! My mom wants it done in the whole house now...pretty sure my dad will pay someone to do it! It's hard work and both my dad and Daren were very sore for a few days after!


If anyone wonders where I get my extreme OCD list making from...enlarge these and read them. 
I get it from my dad!





It's done!


We also had delicious cake and ice cream with my mom dad! 




Throughout the week we ate delicious food, went to lunch with some amazing ladies, got a pedicure, opened one of the best gifts ever, and of course ate more cake!

Haden tried to help...pretty sure he just spit on it.




Okay so here is the story of my amazing present! Did I tell you guys that our ward was the Stake Softball Champs this year? Well we were...don't be too impressed. We only won it because nobody ever showed up to play. BUT! It's still a win and I was so excited! I've never been a Champion before. I kept telling the stake man that I wanted a trophy or something. He didn't come through for me. SO! Daren had one made for me for my birthday! Seriously, isn't that the cutest thing EVER?!? Oh man, I heart him so much!




It will forever be displayed in our living room.

This last weekend we went down to Salt Lake so Daren could help my dad do the finishing touches on the floor and finish the closet. Later that night we went to the Bee's game. We sat right behind home plate. Dang gina it was hot! It was muggy more than anything but it was still a good time. The best part of the night happened after the game. A solider surprised his young family on the field. It was so awesome! Everyone was cheering and I was crying! And then after that they had fireworks. They put on a pretty amazing firework show. It totally rocked my world!




Definitely a good way to send off summer, and ring in a new age. 27...closer to 30. Barf. 

1 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! Your dad's papers are HILARIOUS! I love that he used the words, 'cease', 'nourishment' and 'arise'. yes. I like him indeed.